What tools are data analysts actually using in 2026?

Currently reading:
What tools are data analysts actually using in 2026?

meabhish

Newbie
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Points
1
Curious what a data analyst's day-to-day toolkit looks like these days. There's been a lot of discussion about how the role is changing, especially as AI becomes part of the workflow, but I'm more interested in what people actually use at work than in what shows up in job descriptions.

If you work in analytics, what tools do you use every day? Is it still mostly SQL, Excel, and Power BI/Tableau, or has your stack changed quite a bit?

I'm also wondering how much AI has genuinely made its way into your workflow. Do you use it to write or debug SQL, explore datasets, build reports, explain results, or automate repetitive tasks? And how involved are you with the engineering side these days—things like cloud platforms, dbt, data pipelines, Git, Python, or warehouse tools?

Basically, what does a typical day of analytics work look like for you in 2026?
 
For me, SQL is still my go-to. Excel hasn't gone away either, especially when someone sends over a spreadsheet and needs an answer yesterday.

The bigger shift has been spending more time in the warehouse and on the BI platform instead of moving files around locally. I also turn to Python when SQL gets awkward.

AI is definitely part of my workflow, but mainly as a copilot. I use it to troubleshoot queries, explain errors, or get a starting point for something I know how to do but don't want to type from scratch. I still check everything myself.
 
Back
Top Bottom